The Stansted Airport Employment and Skills Academy, operated by Urban Futures in partnership with Stansted Airport, is an airport based centre for recruitment, training and skills support.
The Academy is based in Enterprise House and provides a gateway for employers to access this FREE support and for individuals to take advantage of employment opportunities.
The Academy delivers a range of services including:
- free online listing of airport vacancies via its dedicated website www.stanstedairportacademy.com
- walk-in facility for anyone seeking employment at Stansted
- educational visits for primary, secondary and tertiary educational facilities
- training support for airport employers and their staff
- accredited pre-employment training for the unemployed
The Stansted Airport Employment and Skills Academy hosted two job fairs in 2013 which were attended by over 800 job seekers. The job fairs enabled job seekers to meet with potential employers face to face, obtain careers advice and receive guidance about the application process for jobs at the airport. Last year the Academy helped to fill 450 vacancies across the airport.
In 2013 the Stansted Airport Employment and Skills Academy also held “Preparation for Employment” training courses which were attended by 198 candidates. The training programme covers a range of subjects including retail, customer service and sales, and involves modules on preparing for employment, working as part of a team, CV writing and interview techniques. Once completed the Academy team help candidates to apply for the various roles across the airport.
Case Study – Yvonne Henderson:
“I attended the Stansted Airport Employment and Skills Academy ‘back to work’ course. This enabled me to be able to believe in myself . After being unemployed for 8 months due to redundancy I was able to secure employment with Boots at Stansted Airport. I am Assistant Manager and loving it! I also received offers from other companies so I would say to any potential candidate to take the course, as it will kick start their future”.
Priti Patel, Witham MP said at the Academy:
“Stansted is an important local employer and the Airport’s Employment and Skills Academy is doing a tremendous job helping to get people the skills they need to find work.”
In addition to the above the Academy can also deliver the following training;
- Customer Service – Pearson EDI Level 2 or 3 in Customer Service
- Dealing with Difficult Passengers / Dealing with Conflict
- Team Leading – Pearson EDI – Certificate in Team Leading Principles level 2
- Management course Level 3 – EDI Level 3 Certificate in Management Principles